Electric dirt bikes are one of the most exciting and fun bikes that you can get your 8 year old. Apart from providing them with fun and confidence, it also can teach them responsibility. However, for your kid to have an excellent experience, you need to find the right bike which is perfect for your young one’s needs.
Your kid’s good experience can quickly turn sour with the wrong bike. To prevent this, you need to consider specific things when searching for an “Electric Dirt Bike For An 8 Year Old.” To help you, we have a list of some of the considerations!
Best Electric Dirt Bikes For 8 Year Olds!
Features To Look For When Getting A Good Electric Dirt Bike For An 8 Year Old!
1. Speed – Although every child loves speed, in the beginning, it is important to get an elctric dirt bike that doesn’t have too much speed. Look for a dirt bike that has moderate speed which is much better for safe rides. A bike with too much speed may be hard to safely handle. You can purchase a bike with speeds ranging from 10 mph up to 17 mph. It is only a matter of time before they increase their skills and speed ability.
2. Safety Features – Safety is very important when it comes to purchasing an electric dirt bike for an 8 year old. Since this will not be their last bike, you should focus more on purchasing the right bike rather than how long it will last. A safer bike consists of thick tires, tight brakes, and a sturdy construction. Although this doesn’t have much effect on experience, it does help a lot with their safety.
3. Quality Of Materials – A good bike should be made from high quality materials. Look for an electric dirt bike that has an all steel construction and comes from a reputable company.
4. Size And Weight – A smaller and lightweight electric bike is definitely the best choice for a child who is new to riding. Apart from enabling your child to keep the bike upright, they can also easily lift it in case it tips over.
5. Suspension – The good thing about electric bikes is the variety of options when it comes to suspension. Dirt bikes with no suspension systems cost less than those with suspensions and are intended for younger children. Those with suspension systems are good for older children and can ride well in rough environments.
6. Age And Weight Appropriate – One of the most important things to consider in a dirt bike is the weight limit. This, in combination with a child’s height, can help you determine if a bike is the right size.
As long as you consider these things, you will be able to find the perfect electric dirt bike for your young one. After you have acquired a good electric dirt bike for an 8 year old, what’s next? This is the time to practice all the basics of riding the bike.
Beginner Electric Dirt Bike Riding Tips To Give Your 8 Year Old!
Riding a dirt bike is a great skill for your child to learn at an early age. Although it may seem hard to begin, your child will develop their skills with proper knowledge and some practice. There are some basic tips and fundamental lessons that you should be able to impact your child with. Here are some beginner tips to give your child and help them learn to ride their first dirt bike.
1. Start On A Flat Surface
When starting out, it is important for your kid to avoid areas filled with sand, rocks, hills, or mud. A flat terrain with a mid to hard surface is a good place to start. They should also avoid overcrowded places where they may end up worrying about other riders. A good place should be somewhere free from distractions and cars.
2. The Right Gear & Equipment
For your child to enjoy riding a dirt bike, they have to be fully comfortable. The best way to make them feel comfortable is to be in proper gear that also fits well. Therefore, encourage your child to always be in his or her boots and gloves when out riding. In addition, ensure that they understand all the basic moving parts of their dirt bike and always carry some water, their phone, and ID as anything can happen when riding.
3. Learn With Other Beginners
Your child will enjoy learning riding his or her dirt bike when in a group. Learning in a group is more fun and reduces some of the pressure that your child may be having as a beginner. If possible, they should ride where there are other children who are also learning. This helps them to be in a familiar company which is quite welcoming rather than feeling they are the odd one out.
4. One Thing At A Time
When you are a beginner, there are a lot of things to learn and focus on and this can be overwhelming. As a parent, you should help your child learn to focus on one thing at a time. once they are comfortable, they can move to the next one. Learning one step at a time is not only much easier, but also makes your child feel that he or she has accomplished something.
5. Take Part In Competitions
Once your child gains some skills, encourage them to participate in friendly competitions. This will encourage them to develop their skills as the also have fun with other rider.
Choosing the right electric dirt bike for an 8 year old is not a complicated process. Now that you know what features to look out for, you will be able to choose a perfect bike that you’ll also love watching your kid ride. At first, learning how to ride a dirt bike will can be an unfamiliar process for your child. However, by equipping them with the above fundamental lessons and giving them control, they will develop their skills much faster!